Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 Things That Would Ruin Mass Effect 3 For Me


I'm one of those that can't wait for Mass Effect 3, CAN'T WAIT! That means I will read everything I can find about it and go fan girl on Kaidan-related updates like this. Most the things I've seen, make me confident that it's going to be amazing, but there are some situations or scenarios that would break my heart if they happened.



Kotaku, you understand me

After I read this post from Kotaku, I realized I'm not the only one who's really scared, happy, laughing nervously about it. They list their 5 reasons to be nervous about Mass Effect 3, and I don't agree with all of them, but I will talk about them.

1. They're scared the game won't have the "morally ambiguous characters and conflicts" and will become cheesy, obvious and manipulative. They even mention Michael Bay. Ouch.
2. Dragon Age II wasn't that good of a game, but I didn't hate its guts. Even though it has Bioware's name on it, the developing teams are different, so I don't think they can compare IMHO.
3. About the Arrival DLC, I will quote because I definitely agree with them: "Rather than giving players a choice about the big final decision, Shepard is forced to commit a heinous act, in theory to set up the beginning of Mass Effect 3. It was a weird bit of linear storytelling, and didn't feel very "Mass Effect" at all."
4. The infamous multiplayer. I'm actually really excited about it, as long as the single player feels right and complete.
5. And last, the Terminator Reaper from ME2. Sovereign was cooler.
 Hasta la vista, baby...

That was Kotaku, they made a deep analysis about everything and I won't bore you with another insightful study about Mass Effect 3. What I'll do is say MY personal fears, because I can't be the only one who is afraid of the little things.

Fear 1: If Shepard finds a magic black box/weapon/device/good Reaper that will completely destroy the bad Reapers, I will stop playing and never talk about Mass Effect EVER.
Fear 2: A cure for Thane. This is an ambiguous topic for me because I want Thane to live, but finding a last minute cure would make me a little disappointed. What do you think?

Fear 3: Garrus. I fear for Garrus and the horrible rumors that he could die. If Garrus actually can die, and there is no way to stop it, it won't really ruin Mass Effect 3 for me, but I will cry a lot and start quoting Kotaku with the Michael Bay situations.

Those were my fears, but I'm sure Mass Effect 3 will be awesome and blow our minds.
*Nervous laugh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment